Art Throwdown at Dogwood's 80th Annual Arts Festivalby SKA on 05/20/17
Today, April 9th, Ms. Leng and SKA students participated in the Art Throwdown at Dogwood's 80th Annual Arts Festival at Piedmont Park in Atlanta. Ms. Leng and students Tiffany Weng, Jessica Jiang, Ava Wang, Saiya Lin, Szlvia Szabo Mirabal, Priscilla Lin, Lan Lin, Joycelyn Lieu, Lauren Lin, Kevin Lin, Hannah Jones, and Isabella Spagnuolo each participated in different competitions against students from other high schools. Each competition had a different focus related to a variety of art fields. The competitions included landscape, face-to-face, figure drawing, and poster design. From these competitions, our students put their skills to the test as they had only ninety minutes or less to create a beautiful composition piece. After they completed their art piece, selected judges critiqued the works to pick for placement awards.
- Poster Design: Priscilla Lin and Lan Lin (3rd place)
- Plein Air Landscape: Saiya Lin (1st place), Kevin Lin (3rd place), Hannah Jones (4th place), and Isabella Spagnuolo (5th place)
- 5-Minute Live Figure Drawing (emphasizes power, gesture, and speed with an ebony or graphite pencil): Jessica Jiang (1st place), Ava Wang (2nd place), and Tiffany Weng (3rd place)
- 10-Minute Live Figure Drawing (emphasizes correct light/shadow relationships, proportion, anatomy with an ebony or graphite pencil): Tiffany Weng (1st place) and Jessica Jiang (5th place)
- 15-Minute Live Figure Drawing (sudden death among 5 winners from each pose with a medium of their choice): Jessica Jiang (1st place), Ava Wang (2nd place), and Tiffany Weng (3rd place)
Our students received placement awards, which contributed to the best overall school awards. Thanks to our hard working students and Ms. Leng, SKA was able to place 1st out of all of the other competing schools! Congratulations to our school and students for this wonderful day at Art Throwdown!
Special thanks to our parents volunteer, they are Ming Ming Ching, Agnes Lam, Sam Lin, Sue Lin Mr and Mrs Jones whose helped up.